Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Signs, Signs, Everywhere... Signs

Yesterday's post on setting "goals" must have sent out a not-so-silent plea to the Universe for increased clarity! The number of "signposts" I have come across in the last 24 hours is astounding.

I started my work day with a visit to The Daily Motivator web site - today's focus was on failure. "Seek not to create failure, nor to avoid failure. Seek instead to allow failure, when it comes, to keep you moving on the path to greater success." Here, I was also reminded that "Comfort is a good state in which to find rest, renewal and refuge for a while. It is a dreary and dismal place to take up permanent residence." That really resonated with me...

Then, I tapped into a friend's online Musings. She compared starting the new year to the experience of cracking open a brand new book or - my favourite - to the memories of getting those brand new school supplies... empty and waiting to be filled and shaped.

THEN, I popped over to The Ripple Effect and was asked whether I was ready to embrace Life with arms wide open... Life will happen, with or without my cooperation. How do I want to receive it?

By this time, I was starting to gain clarity on three specific areas on which I'd like to focus in the coming year (beyond Living Fully... Loving Wastefully... and Being Courageously). I had lunch with a good friend and bounced my ideas off of him - my intial foray into accountability. The final kicker came in a coaching e-newsletter that I receive at work in the afternoon. I was invited to take a look at 5.75 Questions You've Been Avoiding by Michael Bungay Stanier at Box of Crayons. They confirmed what was beginning to take shape in my mind, especially Questions #1, #3 and #5. And so, in a bold act of accountability, I'm putting it out there - to you and to the Universe.

In 2008, I will focus on:
  • Creativity
  • Connection
  • Celebration
I'm sure I'll be given guidance on more specific ways of nurturing each of these areas. All I need to do is Keep an Open Mind and Trust the Universe. I haven't been disappointed yet!

Pace e bene,

No comments: