Saturday, January 12, 2008

Mondo Beyondo...

I've been making good use of my solo time by going to my favourite local coffee shop. Last evening, I spent close to two hours there, reflecting & writing. My sister is a strong believer in the power of writing things down in order to help make them happen. She's done it many times and it seems to work for her more often than not. I, on the other hand, have avoided clearly articulating what I want. Too scary. Too disappointing when it doesn't happen. Too limited in my imagination.

In comes Mondo Beyondo... Superhero style. Manifesting the experiences I want to experience... Dreaming the things I'm almost afraid of dreaming... Asking the Universe for the impossible...

I decided to give it a try. What have I to lose?! A couple of hours doodling in my notebook at the most. What have I to gain? Possibly, my wildest dreams.

Here goes, for the whole world to see... (well, OK, for the few people reading my blog to see... :-)), in no particular order:

>> Return to Italy for 1 - 3 months... learn the language!
>> Be debt-free (line of credit & credit card)
>> Be in a job-sharing situation, working for pay only 2-3 days a week
>> Girls' Disney Extravaganza with Sis, my Mom and my Mum-in-Law
>> Cross-Canada Road Trip with Hubby in our Mini Cooper
>> Hiking in the Scottish Highlands
>> Driving anywhere I damn well want to - no fear!
>> Having a house by the ocean

Believe it or not, I found this exercise very difficult. I found myself judging my own list: "Yawners! Have you no imagination?!" It was like opening a door that had rusted shut. But I gotta start somewhere and I cracked it open... and I can only hope that it'll get easier from here!

What would your Mondo Beyondo list look like?!
Pace e bene,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey jag
maybe you could take a look at the book No opportunity wasted...it sounds like it might be your thing - I havn't read it yet - but I will
You go girl!
aimee