Thursday, January 31, 2008

Call it a lack of understanding...

I generally have a positive outlook on Life. I don't really get riled up too easily and, most of the time, I just accept that "it is what it is". However, there are a few things that I will never quite understand - and I've encountered several in the last couple of days. I guess you could call these my "pet peeves".

For the record, I will never understand:
  • why people toss aside their lit cigarette butts... You never can tell where they will fall; for goodness sake, step on 'em at least!
  • why people feel the need to launch a wicked gob of spit onto the sidewalk... Guys (as I suspect this is mostly a guy thing), contrary to what you might think, it's really not cool.
  • why people are so obsessed with Britney Spears... Yowza! Leave her alone! If no one pays attention, maybe she'll just go away and be free to fix her life.
  • why so many short people haven't figured out that, if you're using an umbrella on a crowded sidewalk, you need to lift and/or tilt when you meet someone coming in the opposite direction... My eyes may be weak, but I'd still like to keep them, thank you.
  • why people stand in front of the door on the bus when it's not their stop - especially when there is an empty seat nearby... Get out of my way please!
  • white sweat socks with black dress shoes OR black nylons with white pumps... need I say more?!
These are a few of my favourite things. Not!

What about you? What things will you never quite understand?!

Pace e bene,

No comments: