Thursday, October 23, 2008
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
- When attending a concert with NO assigned seating, plan to stand in line for hours; apparently 90 minutes before the show is not enough.
- It's useful to get advance insider information on the layout of the music hall; for example, it helps to even know that there is an upper level.
- When it comes to staking your viewing territory at a general seating concert, there are no rules.
- The first 15 rows of a mosh pit are virtually impenetrable.
- No matter how much the shared object of our attention sings of Love...and Togetherness... and Peace, do not expect fans to give you an inch of space so you can take a photo.
- Just when you think you're an uber-fan, remember that most kids have memorized all the lyrics; they've got you beat hands down.
- There is no age limit to enjoying great live music!
Needless to say, seeing Jason Mraz perform live was an AWESOME way to spend Thanksgiving Monday! Here's hoping your holiday was all you needed it to be...
Pace e bene,
Sunday, October 12, 2008
- an evolving relationship with a God beyond my understanding
- a healthy and strong body that supports me in living the Life I seek
- a life partner who just shakes his head and stays with me anyway :-)
- a functionally dysfunctional family always willing to Love
- my friends
- my home
- my community
- my creativity
- my Life.
Wednesday, October 08, 2008
I am a Flickr madwoman tonite... I got home from work around 5pm, came to the computer almost immediately, and haven't moved since. It's 8pm and I haven't even had anything to eat yet!
My name is jag... and I'm a Flickr Addict.
And speaking of obsession, have I mentioned that there are only five (5) more sleeps until I see Jason Mraz perform LIVE in Montreal??!
Time to eat now.
I leave you with another quote note; this one is dedicated to Lala at Mostly Musings.
Pace e bene,
Tuesday, October 07, 2008
It got me thinking about the choices I have... choices we all have. I choose to see Beauty. And it got me thinking about how much Love I choose to give. The funny thing is, although I know I live a loving life, I feel I could be doing so much more! More beauty to be shared... more Love to be offered... more Fellowship & Friendship to be extended... The Source is infinite. I need to remember that on those days when I just feel like I'm not enough.
Just for today, I have enough. I am enough. And so are you. When we remain grounded in the present moment, and let go of the worries of tomorrow and the regrets of yesterday, we will have All that there is.
The greatest adventure is to be fully where you are standing.
Pace e bene,
Wednesday, October 01, 2008
- work is busy with exciting projects that will soon come to fruition...
- creativity has been burning with photography and the creation of quote notes galore...
- community is being built by engaging with online photo groups...
- limits are being pushed by preparing for my second 10K run on Oct. 12...
- excitement levels are climbing for our upcoming trip to Montreal to see Jason Mraz in concert...
- connections are being nourished by getting together with friends & family for quality time...
- love is being tended to by spending precious time with Hubby...
- faith is being restored by finding bits of time for meditation...
Is it any wonder I crashed today?! Nothing. Depleted. Empty.
I'm grateful for the wisdom & experience that told me to simply go home. I was useless at work: couldn't focus... couldn't keep my eyes open... couldn't type to save my life.
The afternoon nap surely helped, but so will an early-to-bed night. Self-care is no longer a difficult choice for me...
pace e bene,