Tuesday, May 29, 2007

A Visual Celebration...

The commercial building at the corner of my street had its main east-facing wall painted black this weekend. Black. Black?! What could possibly have possessed them to do such a thing?, I wondered. Well, now I know... and I'm absolutely thrilled!

Meet Sean McInnis, an artist who is single-handedly dotting my neighbourhood with amazing murals. His latest masterpiece features Westfest, a free community celebration of the arts. Entering into its 4th year, Westfest is coming up June 8 - 10, 2007. The heart of this festival is, literally, at the end of my street. Should be fun!

I admire Sean's work every time I stroll through Westboro. I had been thinking of taking my camera along and capturing the great artwork around here. When I saw Sean working on this newest piece, I took the opportunity to stop & chat. Quite a friendly guy with a distinct east coast accent... My goal is to stop by daily and see how the mural progresses. I thought it would be neat to share its progress here. So, here are a couple of images from Westfest Mural: Day One.


PAX,

1 comment:

Steph said...

Westfest is already noted on my calendar. After last year's soaker Skydiggers concert hopefully the weather will cooperate. :)

I look forward to seeing the mural. Thanks for letting us know!

Steph
xo