Sunday, May 20, 2007

The Fever...

I think I'm coming down with a Fever... Stanley Cup Fever. Yes, it seems even a non-pro sport fanatic such as myself can be swept up in the hoopla! It's pretty amazing to live in a town whose NHL hockey team will be playing for Lord Stanley's Cup. I said to Hubby: I think we need to get something for the front of the house - a flag for our front porch would be nice!

Yesterday's game was excruciating to watch (and this is why I don't get into sports too much - I can't handle the stress! :-)). Mom & Dad are in town for a 5-day visit, and Dad, Sis and her boyfriend went to watch the game at a bar on newly-dubbed Sens Mile located downtown along a portion of Elgin Street. Mom, Hubby & I watched it at home. Mom & I missed the first period, opting to go shopping for a bit. Even the local chocolate & gelato shoppe had the game on their TV. It was everywhere!

It'll be fun to see how this city responds... Just how much spirit will Ottawans be able to muster? Will we come out from the shadow of our bigger cousins, Montreal & Toronto? Will the rest of Canada finally discover that there's more to Ottawa than government & hi-tech?? I suspect that a lot of people will discover what we already know: Ottawa really is the best and we wouldn't trade it for anything!

GO SENS GO!!!

PAX,

2 comments:

Steve Harper said...

Just because you are you I will be rooting for the Ottawans!

Many Hugs & Ripples!!!

Steve

jag said...

Thanks Steve... I'm sure that if, every once in a while, you simply exclaimed "Go SENS Go!", the ripples of that sentiment will be felt all the way from Texas! :-)

PAX,