Saturday, May 12, 2007

Mission Accomplished...

I did it! I actually did it!! Just as I had hoped, the adrenaline of a real race atmosphere propelled me towards my goal of finishing in under 30 minutes. My final chip time? 29:30.1 Not too shabby for my first race of the season, huh?! My previous personal best was 31:38.3 from a race last September.

I felt great throughout the run. Hubby laughed when I told him I could have gone faster, but there were too many slow people ahead of me on the narrow running path. :-) This was also my first race where all finishers received a medal. I have my first running medal!

Needless to say, I am thrilled with my results. I'll no doubt be running a few more 5km races this season, and I'll be working towards my new goal: completing a 10km run this fall.

Tomorrow, it's Hubby's time to shine... They're calling for ideal weather and he seems ready to give it his all. I'll let you know how it goes!

PAX,

3 comments:

Steph said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Steph said...

Woohoo!!! Congratulations jag! I was cheering for you here in Ottawa. :)

Well done!

Sis
xox

Becks said...

Congratulations!!!!! :)