Monday, May 14, 2007

Give yourself a break...

Here's something interesting to think about on May 15th. Although there is always room for improving ourselves, what would happen if - just for today - we admitted that we are totally OK, just the way we are?! What if we let go of our ideals and illusions of perfection? Our energies just might be directed towards whatever is right in front of us, at any given moment... be that a task or a friend or maybe even a stranger in need.

“If I can forgive myself my imperfections, I can forgive them in others.
If I can forgive them in others, I can be more loving and at ease in the world.
If I can be more loving and at ease, people will delight in my company and be grateful for my presence.
If people delight in my company, than what need have I for perfection?” - Lauren Rosenfeld

Happy Freedom from Self-Improvement Day, Friends... Remember, you may not be perfect, but you are excellent!
PAX,

No comments: