Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Congrats to...

Congrats to...

Hubby, for posting yet another personal record (PR) at the Mississauga Marathon - 3:25:19. Although he didn't qualify for Boston this time 'round, he still shaved about 8 minutes off his previous PR and finished in the top 12% of a field of 1,428 runners. Before we had even boarded the shuttle bus from the finish area back to the hotel, he said: "I'm still booking a hotel in Boston. I can run two more marathons before then, and I'm confident I'll qualify in at least one of them." I am too, Babe.

Congrats to...

My friend Stuart Hickox, for being named as one of three Community Award Finalists for a Canadian Environmental Award in the Climate Change category. As founder and executive director of One Change and the Project Porchlight campaign, Stuart has been a visionary and a true community leader. He turned a startling statistic about energy efficient lightbulbs into a grassroots call to action, empowering us to affect change on the environment - one bulb at a time. I'm proud to know you, Stuart!

Who, in your life, deserves to be congratulated today??

PAX,

No comments: