Thursday, January 04, 2007

Starting in darkness...

It's a new dawn. It's a new day. It's a new year.
And I feel empty.

For me this year, Christmas was high on family & comfort... and low on Spirit. Advent came & went with no contribution from me. I am devoid of any excitement or enthusiasm for this traditional time of new beginnings.

I'm in that space where God seems absent. I know He's not, but I just can't seem to connect with Her. I'm in that place of un-knowing, of un-certainty, of un-connectedness... and my spiritual teachers tell me that this is where I need to stay in order to grow closer to God.

In order to know God,
I need to become comfortable with un-knowing God.

Believe it or not, I am grateful to be here - in this space. Experience has taught me that this too shall pass... and all will be well.

"There are as many nights as days, and the one is just as long as the other in the year's course. Even a happy life cannot be without a measure of darkness, and the word "happy" would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness. It is far better to take things as they come along with patience and equanimity. " - Carl Jung
PAX,

1 comment:

Steph said...

Hullo,
I'm sorry I missed you at the diner yesterday.

I like the quote from Jung. I wish you just the right amount of darkness necessary for you to fully embrace and soak in the light when it comes back.

Happy New Year Sis.

Love Steph
xox