Monday, January 08, 2007

What goes in, goes out...

I was cleaning out my bedside table yesterday and found a calendar from 2004. I had attempted to document my energy levels and other health-related issues/symptoms. It lasted a few months at most. The shocker for me was that on January 1, 2004, I weighed 37 lbs more than I do now. Wow. I've come a long way...

2006 was certainly the year I took my health into my own hands and made it a priority. Turns out that my problems were primarily related to diet. In the last year, I've cut out yeast... sugar... vinegars... mushrooms... most processed foods... and I've greatly reduced my intake of tomatoes & dairy. The result? I lost a ton of weight (not literally!) and feel physically better than I have in years. My symptoms have all but disappeared.

It's simple. What I put IN to my body (ie. input) affects how my body puts it OUT (ie. output). Garbage in, garbage out. And, boy, did I ever test that theory over the holidays. I still did pretty good, but I cheated quite a bit when compared to how I'd been eating in the previous months. I didn't put on any weight, but my energy level and my digestion quickly went back to their old ways. But I'm not freakin' out... I know what I need to do.

Feeling less-than-well is no longer normal... Remembering what it's like to actually feel healthy is a great motivator!

PAX,

No comments: