Friday, December 22, 2006

And we're off...

I'm hopping a train in a couple of hours and will be spending Christmas with Hubby's side of the family. It'll be a full house at Mum-in-Law's, complete with two excited little girls on Christmas morning. Our nieces (3 and 6) will certainly add that all-important level of squeal & giddiness to the day. I'm looking forward to it!

Of course, whenever we're with one side of the family, we're not with the other. That always brings a bit of sadness to the season as well. I'll be thinking of my Clan in New Brunswick and trust that, at some point, they will have a drink and sing a song with me in mind!

What a blessing: to have to decide which side of the family to spend Christmas with. As I spoke to my friend John-from-the-street yesterday, that fact became clear. He has five siblings and and a son - and he has lost touch with them all. And yet, he smiles, offers cheerful greetings to passers-by, and shares what little he has with his buddies. I think maybe there is my Christmas story this year - finding God-moments where you least expect it.

To all who pass by this blog, here's wishing you all the best of Christmas and continued blessings in 2007. Take a moment to turn up your speakers, sit back for a moment, and enjoy this musical Christmas cheer.

PAX,

No comments: