Saturday, June 23, 2007

Only Once...

If there was ever any doubt as to whether I was a morning person or not, just know that today, I found myself pouring decaf coffee on my instant oatmeal instead of hot water. 'Nuf said. (p.s. much to my surprise, Mocha Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal doesn't taste too bad at all! :-))

After finishing my 5-day course today, Hubby & I spent a wonderful evening together. It started with me hopping on my bike and accompanying him on his 13.5km run. Then we went to see a movie. Hubby somewhat hesitatingly reminded me that it was my pick tonite, since the last time, I had given in to his choice. I think he was afraid of a repeat of the Travelling Pants experience, but I give him credit for keeping his part of the deal (a deal I had totally forgotten about, BTW).

A last-minute decision at the box office led us to a fantastic movie that I recommend whole-heartedly! Once is unlike anything I've seen before... I knew absolutely nothing about it - had never even heard of it before - but was intrigued by the poster. In this film, the music is as much a character as the two leads. In fact, I don't even think we get to find out the names of the main characters. In the credits, they are simply listed as "Guy" and "Girl". The storyline reveals itself as one of those "slice of life" episodes where we are priviledged to join the characters for a short time on their journey. This is one of my favourite film formats...

This film was perfect for me tonite. Following an intense week, it was very healing to be transported by the rhythms and engaging accoustic melodies. This film is unpretentious and simple. The good news is, Hubby liked it too. I think I may have redeemed myself. :-)

PAX,

No comments: