Saturday, June 02, 2007

Being part of a Ripple...

Here's a neat thing...

I was invited to be a Guest BLOGGER on The Ripple Effect blog. I first met Steve Harper (no, not THAT one) through, well, blogs. I enjoyed his stories, his engaging writing style and I admired the courage he demonstrated in taking this idea he believed in so strongly, and running with it.

We struck up a conversation and are now building a delightful online friendship. I also know that, if life ever brings me to Austin, Texas, the Ripple is already in effect and I'll have someone I can call upon.

When asked if I'd Guest BLOG, my first reaction came from those ancient & deeply-engrained patterns and beliefs that are still are part of me. "Me? Um, what do I possibly have to say that could be of interest to anyone who doesn't know me?!" Thankfully, those kind of thoughts & reactions don't have the final say anymore. Plus, Steve's book reminds me that the one thing I have to offer that is unique and that no one else can possibly duplicate is... me.

I'm really enjoying this process of putting myself out there. It's not so much how people receive me, it's more about the journey of continuing to define who I am and how I walk in this world. As I've said here before, I truly have a life of abundance and I know that my way of seeing & experiencing my reality is a big part of what allows me to recognize this abundance - and to accept it with gratitude.

For me, the Ripple Effect encourages me to grow in awareness of the impact of my actions, and to make healthier choices - healthier for me and for everyone I connect with.

As Steve would say, Ripple On!
PAX,

No comments: