Sunday, June 26, 2005

What Love is...

Hubby deserves a medal. No, he did not run another race this weekend, but he did sit through The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants. The evening of June 25th really didn't start out that way, but life has a way of taking unexpected turns... We had gift certificates to the movie theatre that were expiring on... June 25th. We quickly realized there wasn't much to choose from. Hubby seized on War of the Worlds, which had an ad and listing in the local paper. It has Tom Cruise in it... Hubby crooned. Well, not my favourite type of movie but - whaddaheck - it was free.

Me: Two for War of the Worlds, please?
Her: I'm sorry, that movie doesn't open until Wednesday.
Me: But it was listed in the paper!
Her: It's the listing for the week ahead. Anything else you'd like to see?

As we looked at the marquee, we remained underwhelmed. Hubby's message was clear - a shrug of the shoulders followed by the words: You decide. And so I did. I knew very little about the Travelling Pants, only that a co-worker had found it "delightful".

As we entered the cinema, I quickly scanned the seats. Please let there be at least one other man in here? Hubby deserves to hold on to his dignity, after all... We were in luck - I saw at least two other men. OK, so maybe this won't be too much of a chick flick after all?!

Oh, it was a chick flick alright. I give this one a full "CF" rating... At one point, Hubby offered his sleeve as he heard me sniffling and snortling (Note: bring tissue...). At one point, I looked over to Hubby, whose eyes remained open throughout the movie, and thought to myself: This is what Love is.

Of course, I'll never hear the end of it. :-)

No comments: