Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Letting go...

Last month, I wrote this post about a friend who was battling cancer. Her suffering has come to an end; she passed away last Thursday. I wasn't able to attend her funeral, but a mutual friend was there and shared what a beautiful celebration of a life-well-lived it was. I wanted to share the poem that was given to friends and family - to me, it reflects what I would want to say to loved ones left behind. So powerful a message...

When I come to the end of the road
And the sun has set for me
I want no rights in a gloom filled room
Why cry for a soul set free?

Miss me a little but not too long,
And not with your head bowed low,
Remember the love that we once shared,
Miss me, but let me go.

For this is a journey we all must take,
And each must go alone,
For it is all part to the master's plan,
A step on the road to home.

When you are lonely or sick at heart,
Go to friends we know,
And bury your sorrows in doing good deeds,
Miss me, but let me go.


PAX,

No comments: