Sunday, March 04, 2007

Oh, what a week...

What a week of blessings... I've been enjoying the fruits of my full life, all-the-while striving to make time for prayer & meditation. It's been hit n' miss. But then again, Thomas Merton tells me that "Beyond all and in all is God", so I guess I've been spending time with Her all along! In a nutshell, here is the week that was...

Monday:
Evening spent in the company of friends...

Tuesday:
My birthday celebration finally came to close, almost three months after it began. I spent a lovely evening with Hubby and Josh Groban. Tickets to this concert were a birthday gift from Hubby, who claims he didn't even realize that this could be considered a "romantic" gift. :-)

Wednesday:
I attended the AGM of the ODNOO. I've been a member for a few years now, but it's the first time I attended the AGM. Admittedly, the evening's focus on "performance art" piqued my curiosity! All in all, a great evening... however the highlight for me was my first ever participation in a drumming circle. What an experience! I want to do more and I hereby put that out there to the Universe...

Thursday:
Evening spent blissfully at home: butt on couch, eyes on TV...

Friday:
Joined over 1000 others as Dr. David Suzuki closed his month-long, cross-country If I Were Prime Minister... tour. This guy is amazing... It's so inspiring to hear someone who has the courage to dedicate themselves tirelessly to something they believe in. But I gotta say, Dr. Suzuki looked tired - and it's no wonder!! 41 talks given in 30 days, from St-John's to Victoria. So, for what it's worth, here's what I would do if I were Prime Minister...

I would banish party allegiances for all debate and legislation regarding this country's environmental stewardship. This is NOT a political issue... this is a moral issue (echoes of Al Gore...) and there is no time and no place for finger-pointing and one-upmanship. It doesn't matter what was, or was not, done in the past. We're here. We're now. And it's time to make the difficult choices. The time has come to lead.

The weekend's been equally full, with lots of yoga, meditation, napping & time spent with Hubby. We even managed to squeeze in a movie - hadn't done that in a while!

As a said, a week of blessings...
PAX,

No comments: