Monday, February 26, 2007

Shall we dance?!

I think I need help.

After watching several back episodes of Ellen today, I had the urge to dance. This doesn't happen very often, but there's something quite infectious about watching Ellen, her audience and her guests simply let loose and dance. I went to my "stereo" to find something appropriately upbeat to dance to while I was cleaning the kitchen. The best I could find was the Now3! cd from 1998 - as in "1998 of the millenium prior to this one". Tubthumping by Chumbawumba... Barbie Girl by Aqua... it was all pretty pathetic. It made me realize how out of touch I am with current dance music. I'm not a big fan of rap music, but surely there's something out there for me!?!

Please post your recommendations for a good dance mix in the comments section... I need all the help I can get! This girl wants to dance!!
PAX,

5 comments:

Becks said...

Too funny! I say this because, last night when I got home I cleaned up the dishes and got stuff ready for my morning off today (training - but that's another story). While doing so, I donned my new iPod and danced away!! Great minds think alike. For some reason I'm on to Justin Timberlake's new stuff for cycling and dancing while doing dishes. Check him out.

K said...

Can't say I'm familiar with Chumbawumba or Aqua (yes, I'm outta touch), but I used to enjoy hitting the treadmill with Great Big Sea - specifically "Play". And I'm SURE you have GBS in your CD rack.

Anonymous said...

I like Shakira's "Hips Don't Lie" and a few older favourites like "Blister in the Sun" by Violent Femmes and "I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)" by the Proclaimers.

There are some other good ones on the radio right now but I don't know their names offhand. I'll try to catch the info next time.

Boogie on Sis, boogie on!

Steph
xo

Steve Harper said...

I loved this post though the only dancing I do is when the family is out of town and I can do my 36 year old impression of Tom Cruise in Risky Business!

Trust me....it isn't pretty!

Hey thanks for listing my BLOG as on of your favorite links. Means a lot and now that I have found you plan to do the same!

Ripple On!

Steve Harper

Anonymous said...

How about Jamiroquai's A Funk Odyssey? The first track is Feels So Good. Can it be bad?!