Thursday, March 15, 2007

Hair Therapy...

I got a much-needed haircut & colour today - woohoo!! My hair stylist had the nerve to go on holidays recently, thus making me wait almost seven weeks between cuts. Ugh. :-) I had convinced myself that my hair didn't look that bad, but now that Chantal has given it her magic touch, I see that it was simply a case of self-esteem preservation. I couldn't admit to myself how bad it really was. I'm happy to report that I feel sassy & sexy once again!

I love playing with my hair colour. I've been doing this for a few years now. It's not so much to hide the grey (which I've had since my early 20s), it's more about exploring different looks and how I - and others - respond to them. This time, we went with a short, dark chocolate brown cut, inspired by the ever-gorgeous Natalie Portman in her post-V for Vendetta style. I'm blessed to have a hair stylist who I trust implicitly. I can simply sit in her old-fashioned barber's chair and say: "Do your thing."

The other exciting news is that Chantal has agreed to sell my photo cards in her salon. I brought a selection of my cards to show her, and she loved them! She even asked if I had framed enlargements for display. I've dabbled in amateur photography for several years now, but have never made any effort to sell anything. I've often made cards and given them as gifts or used them myself. This will be the first time that I put myself "out there" to total strangers. Since I have no expectations, there is no possibility of disappointment!

I'll finish today's post with something I once heard Suzanne Somers say in an interview: "The secret to looking young is to get a kick-ass haircut." :-) I couldn't have said it better.

PAX,

1 comment:

Becks said...

I am a firm believer in hairapy. :) I have a back-up hairstylist for when my guy is booked up or away. Actually - now I seem to split my time and loyalty between the two of them. And they don't seem to mind.