Saturday, March 31, 2007

Celebrating what is right...

At work, I set aside a minimum of 90 minutes a week for what I call "self-directed learning". This is a time for me to focus on my own development, professional & personal. This week, I decided to Celebrate What's Right with the World. This is a powerful DVD featuring long-time National Geographic photographer, Dewitt Jones. What a message! It's all about looking for possibility and recognizing abundance. It is everywhere. Everywhere. If I believe that, I will see it. The choice is mine.

The story that struck me the most was the one about Marion Campbell, a Scottish woman reknowned for her weaving. Decorated by royalty, and sought out for her talent, Jones went looking to photograph her and seek out her much talked about wisdom. When he asked her "What do you think about when you weave?", she answered: "I wonder if I'll run out of thread." Disappointed by this seemingly mundane answer, Jones' face must have shown it. She simply added: "When I weave, I weave."

Wow - talk about wisdom! When I weave, I weave. That is who I am, in truth and in simplicity. In the moment.

When I write, I write.
When I love, I love.
When I create, I create.
When I run, I run.
When I learn, I learn.

I could go on... The message to me is, when I am present to what I am doing in the moment, I will discover ample opportunity to celebrate what is right with the world. And from that place, the world will radiate with possibility.

Celebrate what's right in your world, and you will transform it. Don't keep it to yourself though - everyone loves to join in on a celebration... What will you celebrate today?

PAX,

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

JAG - Where do I find this video? I want to celebrate too.

jag said...

Hi Aimée!
You may want to check the public library. If they don't have it, perhaps they can order it through inter-library loan?

Bonne chance, mon amie!
PAX,

Steph said...

"Love the moment, and the energy of that moment will spread beyond all boundaries."
- Corita Kent