Saturday, October 28, 2006

Start Spreading the News...

In exactly one week from now, Hubby & I will be in Manhattan! Hubby is one of 50,000 crazy people running the NYC Marathon on November 5th. I will be one of the estimated 2,ooo,ooo crazy people standing there watching them! We fly out early, early Friday morning and will be there until Monday afternoon. Since the focus of the weekend is the race, we haven't really planned a gazillion things to do. We'd like to just go, take in the experience and see where the Spirit leads.

We'll be staying at a fairly new hotel in a central location not too far from the race finish. I fully expect to do a LOT of walking and riding the NYC subway system. I'm hoping to do a bit of shopping, and maybe I'll even use the ladies room at Sak's Fifth Avenue or something. Lord knows that a flush is pretty much all I can afford to get there! :-) The one place I am hoping to check out is The Market NYC. It's only on weekends and, apparently, new up-n-coming designers are known to sell their wares there. Focus appears to be on jewellery and handbags. Could be dangerous! Since Hubby won't be up for walking a lot on the day before the race, we'll probably head out for one of the neighbourhoods where he can find a coffee shop with high speed internet, and I'll head out on my own for a bit - credit card in hand...

Anyway, best laid plans and all that stuff... Who really knows?! I'm just excited about what lies ahead!

PAX,

p.s. I cut my finger yesterday. I was thrilled! Perhaps you'll remember an earlier post where I shared my discovery of these... :-)

No comments: