Sunday, October 29, 2006

Rattlin' & Chatterin'

Q: Why don't skeletons like the cold?
A: Because the wind goes right through them!

I daresay, I'd have to side with the skeleton on this one! I should have expected nothing less as I ran the Rattle Me Bones 5Km run this morning. Brrrrrr... Wind warning in effect - gusts in the range of 50 - 70 km/hr. Windchill of -4C. They could have easily called it "Chatter Me Teeth". :-) Still, I managed to shave a few seconds off my personal best. I'm pretty pleased with that considering that, at one point, I couldn't really tell if I was even moving forward!

Next Saturday morning, I'll be running with Hubby in the NYC Marathon's International Friendship Run. It's described as a "leisurely 4-mile jog" starting at the United Nations and finishing at Tavern on the Green restaurant in Central Park. Here's hoping there will be no rattling of bones or chattering of teeth on that run...

PAX,

1 comment:

Steph said...

Congratulations on yet another 5K Sis! You go!!!

Steph :)
xox