Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Countdown to Silence...

In exactly 48 hours, I will be surrounded by Silence. Blessed, sweet silence. I didn't go on my biannual silent retreat this past spring because I attended an amazing workshop with Richard Rohr instead. As a result of that decision, it's been almost a full year since my last visit to the Still Point.

I'll be there for 4 days (minus an hour or two). I can't think of a better way to celebrate Thanksgiving than to spend this quiet time with God-in-Nature... my silence boldly proclaiming my prayer of thanks-giving.

Interestingly, the evening before heading off into the Silence, I gather with my fellow Mad Chatters - this wonderful group of friends who are determined to revive the art of pure & simple conversation around ideas (as opposed to other people). I wonder if I'll be tempted to cram in 4 days worth of talking!! :-)

PAX,

1 comment:

Becks said...

Enjoy your weekend!
I need to take a page out of your book sometime.
-R