Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Cricket is dead; long live Cricket!

Well, today it was officially out with the old, and in with the new... Hubby returned Cricket III to the Mazda dealership today. Having picked up Cricket IV last Wednesday, we are once again a one-car family. Maybe this is the car that will inspire me to overcome my discomfort with driving, dare I say, my fear of driving.

Living where I do, I don't really need to drive. Most everything I need is a short walk or a bus ride away, so there is nothing that is really motivating me to get behind the wheel of a car. Except, of course, when I might want to go off the beaten track... or when it would be practical for me to drop Hubby off somewhere... or pick him up... or do something on my own... or... (fill in the blank).

Yes, I could get away without driving. In fact, I do get away with it... but at what cost? Yep, just maybe this will be the car...

PAX,

2 comments:

Steph said...

Woohoo! Welcome Cricket IV ... although I'm sad to see Cricket III go. She was nice.

Cricket IV will be fun to zip around in. Have fun!

Sis :)
xo

K said...

Congrats! And, yes, sieze the day. Take up the cricket. Onward hoe. And all that.

I seem to recall a time not that long ago (okay, maybe it's been awhile)- when you were in more suburban locales - that you were working on getting more comfortable with driving. Here's your chance to pick up where you left off.

K