Thursday, February 15, 2007

Forever new...

It amazes me that you can know someone for years, and they still have the ability to make you go: "Huh?" I guess that's what keeps relationships interesting. Hubby & I were at our favourite coffee shop earlier this evening. We were chatting about church... and the new Archbishop of Toronto... and prayer (which in itself is somewhat unusual for us).

Hubby: Have you heard Olivia Newton-John's version of the Prayer of St-Francis?
Me: Huh??
Hubby: Gimme a minute...

Out comes the ipod and, next thing you know, I'm listening to a most beautiful musical interpretation of one of my favourite prayers. I closed my eyes the whole time and let myself be swept away...

Me: That was amazing! What the heck are you doing with that on your ipod??
Hubby: (shoulder shrug) It's a nice song.

A nice song indeed. I've been with this guy for over half my life; I hope I never stop re-discovering him.

PAX,

No comments: