Sunday, February 18, 2007

Being social... or not.

I attended an interesting seminar on Friday. It was on the evolution of social media and its potential impact on public policy & governance. Believe it or not, it was the first time I heard what Web 2.0 is supposed to refer to! I'm so not into this techie stuff (despite having my own blog). Don't believe me?
  • I've never downloaded a podcast...
  • I've never even figured out how to listen to a podcast (do I have to download it first??)...
  • I don't know how to use Flickr...
  • I've never uploaded a video to YouTube...
  • I have no Friends...
  • I have no desire to be Tagged...
  • I've seen ads for Zaadz, but never checked it out until this very moment...
  • I am not being fed by RSS...

Although I can acknowledge the potential for social engagement via technology, I still prefer to sit around a table with friends over good food & good drink. If complete strangers would like to join us, so be it! As long as they're willing to keep an open mind and contribute authentic ideas and honest enquiry.

All that being said, here are a few online videos that have caught my attention recently:
So, what about you?? How has social media influenced your world?

PAX,

No comments: