Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Another milestone...

How can it be that almost two weeks have gone by since my last post?! It seems that, despite all my efforts to slow down, life still streams by in a blink. Two weeks, made up of individual moments, made up of memories, made up of moments...

I've had a birthday since my last post. I have a child-like sense of excitement about birthdays. I don't shy away from it, but welcome it as another milestone reached on my journey. On my birthday, I was on the fifth day of a 5-day course. I flipped my nametag over and wrote: "It's my birthday... Hugs please!" It worked. Amazing what happens when you actually ask to have your needs met. :-) On one of my birthdays of years past (sometime in my late 20's), I changed my answering machine message. If you had called me on that day on reached my machine, you would have heard: (cue the music) "Happy Birthday to meee, Happy Birthday tooo meeee... Happy Birthday, Happy Birthdaaayy... Happy Birthday tooo meeee. Please leave your good wishes after the beep." (beeeeeep)

Celebrate life... it's better than the alternative.
PAX,

No comments: