Friday, November 09, 2007

Running on...

Something really weird and - dare I say it - exciting happened to me during my run today. For the first time that I can remember, I felt like I could keep on running! I was out during my lunch hour, so I had a set route and timeframe. When I reached the end of my run, I was disappointed that I had to stop... What's THAT all about?!! Usually, I'm struggling to get to the end, but not today. I guess the energy was simply available to me. I'm grateful for that feeling...

I had a wonderful run of about 35 minutes. I'm so fortunate to work downtown, with access to such beautiful running routes. I ran across the river to the Quebec side and followed the Voyageur Pathway to the Museum of Civilization. Then I crossed back to Ottawa with the amazing view of the back of Parliament Hill. I slipped down to the Rideau Canal Locks, crossed the Canal and headed towards the National Arts Centre. You can see exactly where I ran here. (I don't know who this photographer is, but I appreciate that he pretty much photographed my run! :-)) From there, I simply set out along Albert St. towards Bridgehead Coffeehouse, my final destination. See a map of my full route here.

All this bodes well for Philadelphia next weekend... and for Geordi and his van.

Pace e bene,

No comments: