Friday, August 24, 2007

Where the Heart is...

Ahhh, there's no place like home... there's no place like home... I thought I would mark my return to jag e*space by celebrating the success of two people who are special to me.

Hats off to Hubby for completing the Edmonton Marathon earlier this month! Finishing in 3:33:46, he feels he had a strong finish to this, his 10th marathon since 2003. The Boston qualifying time remains elusive but is well within his reach. Perhaps Philadelphia will be the place? I'll let you know in November when we get back! Way to go, Babe...

Kudos also go out to my friend and modern-day mystic, Sean Zio. He was featured in this article in Ottawa (X)Press and I am so thrilled to watch him thrive in his vocation. My heart rejoices for him... Sean has been a companion on my spiritual journey for some time and never fails to bring a smile to my face and a song to my heart. Unfortunately, I haven't had the pleasure of seeing him perform live. Yet. I trust that it'll happen. I have fond memories, however, of him rehearsing some of his earlier works at my home... and of trying to help him find that perfect word to describe the texture of a woman's breast. I've heard Sean described as "muse", "joy", "radiant Love"... He is one of the most honest and creative people I know.

I'd like to leave you with one of his poems:

HOME ON TURTLE ISLAND (Sean Zio)

I want my life
To be slow.
I want to sit here
At this desk
With a mug of tea
And the certainty
That my days are ordered,
Principled upon the
Quiet sewing of my
Grandmother
Who patches the quilt of my life.

When my mind starts reeling,
Starts demanding problems
To be solved right this minute,
I turn to her and I see her patiently
Pulling out her needle from a block of fabric
And she says,
“Sean, I am working as quickly as I can.
You need to trust me,
You need to trust that my skill takes time,
That I am working out of the fullness of time.”
And I relax, knowing she is telling her whole truth,
Knowing that she needs to rest,
To eat well, and to
create slowly
In order to manifest this beautiful
Covering of warmth and love.
She has my whole life for this work.

I want my life to be slow,
To sit hereWith my cat in my lap,
My beloved pursuing his dreams,
And the afternoon sun plotting out
Another day.
I want to practice this
Patience
So my afterlife will be
the sum pleasure
of these,
My heart's blessings.

Pace e bene,

No comments: