Monday, August 27, 2007

Good reading...

Every once in a while, I like to pop into one of Ottawa's great magazine shops and pick up something I've never read before. My latest acquisition was geez, a quarterly magazine coming out of Winnipeg, Manitoba. I had heard snippets of an interview with the editor on CBC Radio a while back and was intrigued.

The full title of the magazine is "geez: holy mischief in an age of fast faith" and the web site describes it as follows:

Geez Magazine has set up camp in the outback of the spiritual commons. A bustling spot for the over-churched, out-churched, un-churched and maybe even the un-churchable. For wannabe contemplatives, front-line world-changers and restless cranks.

How could I possibly resist?!

This ad-free magazine was a real treat, filled with stories, poetry, photography, quotes... I really enjoyed it and will certainly buy it again. In the spirit of reducing consumerism - an issue that geez magazine holds dear to its heart - I'm ready to pass my copy on to someone else. Let me know if you're interested!

In the meantime, check out some of geez magazine's social campaigns: De-MOTORize your soul (all about breaking our addiction to oil) as well as the perfectly-timed Buy Nothing Christmas.

Pace e bene,

No comments: