Thursday, August 30, 2007

Laughing out loud...

I like to watch TV, but I don't like to watch commercials. Quite frankly, they annoy me. They're loud and often just plain stupid. Like the current commercial for Rogers Bundles: I want this... I want that... I want more... I want it now... I want it faster.. and I want it all cheaper. Sheesh. I want what I want and I want it now. To me, this speaks loudly of the sorry state of the consumer society that we live in, a society of entitlement and greed. Sad.

But every once in a while, I don't quite get to the mute button in time and the unexpected catches me off guard. Tonite, I found myself laughing out loud at this silly Arby's commercial. Three cheers for the dancing chimps! (Who cares about the sandwich?!)

Here's wishing you a great long weekend, wherever you may be. Sis & I are heading to the Maritimes for the weekend... I'm looking forward to the roadtrip as well as to the sweet promise of family, music and salty sea air.

Pace e bene,

1 comment:

Becks said...

Very cute. Did you watch the 'remix'?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2AN7kBQOsw&NR=1

Good point on commercials such as the rogers one. I basically tune it all out. When I watch TV anyway.