Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Occupying my space...

I attended a workshop with Peter Block last February. Over the course of our time together as a group, he invited each of us to “occupy our space”. This idea struck me as meaningful – something more that just an invitation to pay attention. What does it mean to occupy my space? How is it different that simply taking up space? I'm reminded of this every time I attend a workshop or a seminar and the majority of people slink right to the back of the room. You know, the church pew effect? Why are we so afraid of occupying the space we're given?

My hope is that I will be able to fully occupy this space. I want jag e*space to be a place of honest questions and authentic answers. There will no doubt be words like God... confusion... meditation... spirituality... Jesus... dialogue... discovery... If these kind of words offend you, then you may want to find some other space. If you think I intend to preach to you, then you may want to find some other space.

Welcome to jag e*space.

1 comment:

Stuart said...

Congrats on the e*space, JAG! It looks great!
Stuart