Friday, May 13, 2005

Gift of the homeless

A homeless man gave me some food yesterday. There's a role reversal that doesn't happen every day...

Tim usually sits on the corner of Albert & Metcalfe Sts. He knows that corner. He knows when and where the sun ray will fall as it bounces off the office towers. He knows how the cold wind traces its way through the maze of tall buildings. I was chatting with him as I was waiting for my bus after work. I noticed an apple on the ground behind him. Is that your apple? He looked back, took the apple and offered it to me. No, you keep it Tim! He responded with a toothless grin and said: I can't eat it. I have no front teeth. Too bad for him - it was a tasty apple.

Lesson learned: Gifts can come from the most unexpected places. Accept them with grace and humour.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jag,
Very positive shhtuff. I've put you in my favorites so i can check back in for your latest.Keep up the good work.... and see if you can hold that headstand just a little longer next time.

Much love.
Your Cuz,
Danny.