Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Stuck on Idol...

My name is jag. I'm an Idol addict.

There. I've said it. A new season has begun and I'll be stuck to the TV every week until mid-summer. If I'm lucky, I'll get a wee break between the American and the Canadian Idol editions. Thankfully, one of Hubby's techno-gadgets will allow me the freedom to watch at my convenience - and without commercials (yay for PVRs :-)).

Admittedly, I can't stand the early part of the show, the one where people seek out their 15 minutes of fame by making complete fools of themselves. The off-key singing/yelping actually hurts my ears. I often skip these episodes or have the TV on "mute" in the background. Hubby, on the otherhand, finds these early auditions very entertaining. "These are my people!," he exclaims.

Now, as the top 24 are being selected, I'll become engaged and will grow attached to my favourites. I'll be cheering them on and hoping for those unexpected, jaw-dropping performances. I will be living vicariously through them.

It's truly Idol time... bring it on!
Pace e bene,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CBC has an idol-like show coming up in the summer. You may get hooked - it is the search for the next Maria to play in the Mirvish Sound of Music. They are currently filming the cross country auditions. The girls are great.
A