Tuesday, December 11, 2007

And the honour goes to...

... Bruce Guthro, and his 2005 recording "A Beautiful Life"! Yes, Bruce has the honour of being my first musical download onto my new iPod. (By the way, if you doubt that I am truly a newbie, it was pointed out to me that I misspelled "iPod" in my previous post. I rest my case. :-)) Bruce Guthro is a masterful singer/songwriter from Cape Breton. His stories-set-to-music are a mix of folk, jazz with a hint of traditional East Coast melodies. You can't really peg him down to one style. I'm not really into music that much, but he's certainly one of my faves! He's best experienced during a live performance, with his storytelling and unmistakeable Cape Breton sense of humour.

I'm also quite fascinated with the wide range of podcasts - it's amazing what they have out there! I could easily become overwhelmed with the info that's out there... sorta like blogs - so many blogs, so little time! Add podcasts to the mix, and my head may just well explode.

So, I survived the first lesson! S'cuse me while I go shopping at the iTunes Store...
Pace e bene,

No comments: