Friday, December 12, 2008

A seven-day journey...

There is a lot of tension in the city these days.

The good-natured hustle & bustle of the Christmas season is being challenged by a city-wide public transit strike. The 35 cm of snow we got this week is pretty, but didn't help the situation. Downtown, I hear horns honking... people yelling... I see traffic crawling at a snail's pace... and tempers flaring.

And yet, there ARE acts of kindness. Times like these bring out both the best and the worst in the citizens of Ottawa. There is no black & white here... there are no winners & losers... only infinite shades of grey. In this environment of heightened stress, I want to be Peace all-the-more. So, for the next seven days, I invite you to join me in a Prayer of Peace & Joy. Starting tomorrow (Saturday), I'll post words of prayer & wisdom from a different tradition, accompanied by my photography, as well as a short video that made me smile. I believe that taking a few moments to be Peace & Joy, we can counter-balance the craziness that's going on in the streets and malls.

Won't you join me on this short journey of Peace & Joy?

Pace e bene,

No comments: