Saturday, February 18, 2006

Seven days...

It's been seven days... seven days since my last dairy product, yeast or fermented product, sugar, tomato or orange. I'm currently on a restricted diet to assess my sensitivity to certain foods. With testing, I showed a reaction to these products... so now I have to remove them from my diet and slowly re-introduce them, one at a time. I need to pay attention to how my body responds to this gradual reintegration.

I never realized how many foods include yeast! Much to my surprise, if I wish to decrease the overgrowth of yeast in my body, I need to avoid sugar. And fruit. And vinegars or cidars. And fermented products like cheese. And fungii. Does one eat a lot of fungii, you may ask? Well, I do enjoy my sauteed mushrooms. But not this week. It's been seven days...

Simple, but not easy. Years ago, I could not understand that saying. I do now. In so many ways. And it applies to this as well. It's simple to avoid certain foods, but it's not necessarily easy. What wouldn't I give for a bag of potato chips right now!!

Oh well, roasted dulse it is...
PAX,

No comments: