Thursday, November 27, 2008

Re-connected...

Connected...
Dis-connected...
Re-connected...
That seems to be my pattern lately. Nice thing is that it runs in cycles. Waves. Ebbs & flows.

I'm coming out of a period particularly full of activity & commitments. All good. All chosen by me. It's been hectic, and fulfilling! A turning point was certainly my 5-day silent retreat at Stillpoint earlier this month. Been there. Done that. Will certainly do it again. I realized that this was my 14th visit to Stillpoint since I first started going in October 2000. It truly is a healing place... a place to re-connect.

Still Point House of Prayer, Springtown, ON


View from Room #2

One of my favourite spots for prayer & reflection: the dock.

Not long after I got back, we started having phone line/modem problems. It took Bell almost a week to find, then fix, the problem. Connected. Dis-connected. Re-connected. The break from the computer was good for me though. It seems to have broken my obsession with Flickr... for now anyway. :-)

There is so much wisdom to be found in silence & solitude - wisdom from within that can be tapped into any time. I need only take the time to... re-connect.

"Silence is the element in which great things fashion themselves together." - Thomas Carlyle

Pace e bene,

No comments: