Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Looking back...

So here we are... June. The snow is finally gone :-) and the days are noticeably longer. And the world is green, so green you can almost taste it. Welcome June.

The month of May carried with it an anniversary: 3 years of blogging on jag e*space. I find it interesting to go back and read random posts from the past years. I noticed that I write in waves... waves that are sometimes shallow and other times surprisingly deep. Waves that are dark as the ocean floor... or infused with the Sun's light. And what ends up being washed ashore are moments of my life as I see & experience them. At times my life is one of doing - busy, busy, busy, gathering experiences and adventures. At other times, my life is one of being - times of healing & reflection, nourished by solitude and silence.

If there's one thing I've learned, is that I need them both. This spectrum is sacred to me and, no matter where I may be sitting at any given time, I experience fullness of Life. I experience the paradox of wanting to do everything... and wanting to do nothing. Like a Holy desire, I burn with the wanting to do God's will.

A friend recently told me I was "fully engaged with Life". I love this! I am thankful for his comment, for surely this is God's will for me. To be AWAKE in this world... to be fully engaged...

Thanks for letting me share these last three years with you... Thanks for listening to the waves as they come crashing in.

Pace e bene,

1 comment:

Steph said...

Thank YOU for sharing them with us! It's been a pleasure reading about your journey.

Love Sis
xox