Saturday, May 10, 2008

Pushing the limits...

I just ran my first 10K race and it felt amazing! *I* feel amazing!! I am so pleased with my accomplishment. The farthest I had run before was 8K last fall in Philadelphia, but now, I have a new "record" for distance. As soon as I passed the 8K marker, I let out a little whoop! because I knew that anything above that was new territory for me.

I'm especially pleased with how consistent I was during the run. I finished in 1:04:19 and managed to sustain an even pace throughout the entire race. Although I don't have a timing breakdown for each kilometre, I believe my last one was my fastest. There's just something that kicks in when the finish line is in sight and people are cheering. I have to say, I enjoy the race environment!

Tomorrow is an equally exciting day because Hubby will be running his 12th marathon. We have several friends who are here as well, running the marathon and the half-marathon, and I also look forward to celebrating all their successes. Pics to follow once we get home...


Pace e bene,

1 comment:

Becks said...

Wow!! Congratulations!!! :)