Wednesday, September 06, 2006

A Weekend of Wonders...

How do you choose highlights in a weekend of highlights?!!

Was it the road trip itself - quality time spent with my sister as we sped down the highway towards New Brunswick?

Was it singing with my mom, accompanied by four talented musicians on the guitar, mandolin, banjo & bass?

Was it sitting around the fire listening to my aunt & uncle sing the songs they've always sung, their rich harmonies reaching deep into my soul and plucking the strings of my memory like a finely tuned instrument?

Was it playing fluorescent frisbee under a blood red moon? Or maybe running around the field at midnight with sparklers, yelling like a mad-woman along with six other kindred souls?

No, wait! Perhaps it was attending a reunion of descendants of my great-grandfather Crispin Gallant and his wife Délima, and standing alongside my mom & my sister as the only representatives from my Mémére's side?

Then again, could it be meeting and spending time with my parents' broad circle of musician friends? Beautiful & ageless...

I suppose it could also be discovering Le Vieux Québec at night, and rediscovering it anew in the light of day, on the return trip. Could that be my highlight of highlights?

So many to choose from - and many more beyond those listed here...
Sorry, can't be done! Suffice to say that the highlight of my weekend was... my weekend. :-)

PAX,

2 comments:

Steph said...

Well said ... so well said. :)

Sis
xox

--brian said...

A year in a weekend. SWS.

--me