Friday, June 30, 2006

Mistaken Identity...

Twice this week, (ie. more than once!), I was asked if my sister was my daughter!! Oy. Now there's a way to put the ego back where it belongs...

It's true, the people who asked only got a quick glance at her. And my sister looks quite young - she has a youthful demeanour and fashion-sense. Appropriately youthful, IMO. And, perhaps if I'd had a child when I was 14, one could mistaken her for my daughter, but come on - my daughter?! Needless to say, my sister got a great laugh out of that, especially since the usual question we get is: Which one is the oldest? (That would be me - by seven years.)

Luckily, I have a healthy sense of humour and will use this incident to incessantly tease my co-workers... and my sister will no doubt bask in the memory of that moment... and I will go to my hair stylist to get that cut n' colour! :-)

PAX,

2 comments:

Steph said...

LOL! You got asked twice? =D

I'm guessing your co-workers just got a reeeaaaally quick glance to think I was your daughter. Had they had a closer look they would've asked which one was the oldest ... but I'll still bask a little anyway.

Love Sis :)

jag said...

Yes, of course. That must be it...